An Interview With Badmus Aderonke, An Event Planner at Infinito Exclusives Events
An Exclusive Interview With Badmus Aderonke, An Event Planner at Infinito Exclusives Events
Today, EliteThrive is bringing you an exclusive interview with a wonderful Female Entrepreneur at Infinito Exclusives Event. Badmus Aderonke is not just a regular an event planner but a vast one.
Badmus Aderonke Aminat is a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. She is into Cakes, Decorations and Event Planning. She is passionate about her job. Without talking too much, I believe that Badmus Aderonke has great words for you and a lot to say about her career and passion for the job.
Enjoy your time with our interviewee of the day.
1. Good day ma, please kindly introduce yourself to our community.
My name is Badmus Aderonke Aminat, I am the 1st out of 5 children. I am from Iwo, Osun state. I am in my mid 20’s and I attended Bosede Memorial Private school for my Primary education. Then, I attended Oritamefa Baptist model School and Adesina College Ibadan for respectively for my Secondary School Education, I then proceeded to Obafemi Awolowo University for my tertiary education. I started Infinito exclusives events in the year 2013 and since then it’s been a progress.
2. How did you get the idea for the business? What inspired it?
My passion and love for cooking gave me the idea. I have always dreamt of doing it big one day. My late mum was a big source of inspiration for me. She discovered my love for cooking and gave me the chance to do whatever I want to do. She was a great source of encouragement to me.
3. What services or products do you offer?
I am into cakes and cakes decorations, pastries and small chops making, Catering and events decoration, I train also.
4. What were your challenges starting Infinito exclusives events?
The greatest challenge I had when I started was getting people to believe in what I do. I remember when I started probably because of my age, some customers will be like, “You this small girl, where is your boss? we are not sure you can do it perfectly”
Well, I never gave up on convincing them that I could do it. When I started, I didn’t have equipment too, I worked in a crude way and when some just come around and see me working, they tend to discourage me.
Finance too was a major challenge, I remember skipping my training for almost a year because I could not afford the materials and the equipment I needed for my training. My parent could not change our dining set of over ten years because they had to use the money to pay for my training. I also had to free jobs too.
5. How do advertise your business?
My work speaks for me, therefore, my number one way of adverting is giving my best into every job I get. I leverage on the relationship with people, I tell them what I do and I don’t take the social media for granted, I have been able to make a lot of connecting via social media.
6. What’s your business’ goal?
Our goal is to satisfy our customers and make their fantasies become reality as we give them an unending experience, just like our name “Infinito”
7. What is unique about your business?
The unique thing about my business is that I try to create my own concept for every job.
8. Do you have people working for you or you do it alone?
Yes, I have people working for me. We are a team.
9. What three pieces of advice would you give to someone who wants to start his own business?
My pieces of advice for anyone that wants to start a business are:
1. He should envision what he wants the business to live in years to come. Setting a goal and working by those goals is very paramount.
2. Venture into a business you have a passion for, never venture into a business because other people who ventured into it made it there or because it is money-spinning. Be passionate about what you do
3. Acquire skills, know the pros and cons of your business before you venture into it. Don’t be in too much haste so that you will not crash and lastly, be accountable and teachable, it makes you go a long way.
10. When will you say, “yes, Infinito exclusives events is a success?
Infinito exclusives will be considered a success when it is able to stand the test of time and it grows into a commeglorate of a company where the problem of unemployment is solved in “hundreds” among our youth. We hope to train the less privilege and orphans for free as part of our futuristic goals, impacting the Society in our own little way.
11. How did you get funding for your business?
I get finance for my business through personal savings and investing my little savings in the Petty business. I started by selling chinchin, plantain chips and Sobo. Also, I did a mini rentals service when I was in the higher institution just to save up to get pieces of equipment. I also sold bread later (LOL). Then, my dad too supported me with finance.
12. What company, individual, or business do you look up to?
I look up to my bosses, Mrs Victoria Odunjo (Eslee Party Co), Mrs Adepelumi Mosun (Crunchy bites), Mrs Yetunde Odurinde (Divine Cakes), Yago et al, Ronniex cakes, Gidi cakes, Dexterity plus, cakes by Tosan. My heroes, my dad and my mum!
13. Who has been your greatest inspiration and also key role players in your life?
My late mum is my greatest source of inspiration. Each day I remember her favourite quote that says, “Your destiny is in your hands, I have no option but to forge ahead and remain rugged. You take out of life what you want from it.
The key role players in my life are God Almighty, my Parent because they are my source and strength.
There is an adage that says a river that forgets its source will dry up. I appreciate and love them both. My siblings and these people I am about to mention Adebayo Abiodun Abimbola, Aribifo Damilola, Ayodeji Ifeoluwa and Bamidele Tomilayo. Thank you all for the sacrifice of love
14. What are your plans to take Infinito exclusives events to the next level?
I hope to move to be a company forward by creating our signature in the heart of everyone and trying to maintain relevance in the sands of time.
15. What sacrifices have you had to make to be where you are right now?
The sacrifices I made were hard work and self-discipline. I went through training under 3 different bosses and I have had sacrifice a lot of sleep just to strategize on way forward.
16. What have been some of your failures (personal or business) and what have you learned from them?
I failed in so many things. Especially maintaining relationships. I bear the brunt for close to a year and it indeed cost me setbacks.
But my lesson is this, there is no glory in never falling but there is glory in rising each time you fall, words of Obafemi Awolowo.
Then failures are the pillars of success. You can’t let the fear of failure stop you from doing what is going to make you great. You can’t succeed without the risk of failure, be willing to fail, fail in the places you want to fail and let yourself fail but do not resign to fate. Lying down and resigning to fate is madness, remembered quitters are losers, and winners never quit.
- What do you think are the major challenges for an entrepreneur in Nigeria?
Finance is the major challenge but does not let this be a barrier to starting. Getting raw materials at very high cost is also a challenge because it tells on your profit, however, you learn to strategize in order to maximize profit.
18. What would you say are the top three skills needed to become a successful entrepreneur?
The three top skills are, Uniqueness: Martin Luther King once said, Do your life work like no one has done before, or how it is being done now and that even the Lil born could do it no better. Innovations and creativity are also necessary. Perfect knowledge of what you do is also needed
- Inspire a young entrepreneur out there (Pieces of advice).
My piece of advice for young entrepreneur out there is that don’t give up on your dreams, there are better days ahead. A child does not begin to walk the day He is born, it is a gradual process. Hold on to your dreams, believe in what you do. Do not let people bring you down, the sky is your starting point.
- Lastly, we believe success is not a straight line. What do you think can motivate persons to achieve success in life?
Yes, success is not a straight line, the first thing we need for us to be successful is God. After God, obedience to our parents and those ahead of us is very important. Self-discipline is also very important.
What can motivate us to achieve success is determination, focus and accountability. Be accountable and teachable. You are your greatest source of motivation. Motivate yourself to succeed
- How can customers get in touch with you (Address, Social Media accounts, Email, Contact Number)?
My Address is no18, Rd 3, Isokan Estate Akobo Ojuirin, Ibadan, Oyo State
Facebook: Infinito Exclusive Events/ Badmus Aderonke
Instagram: Infinito Exclusives
Mail: [email protected]
Contact Number: 09058159679 or 07082755474
Thanks for the opportunity given to this blog to interview you. We wish Infinito Exclusives Events best of luck.