Aloe Vera is one of the most important plants that are used in folk medicine. Its therapeutic benefits are recognized in ancient Indian, Chinese, Greek and Roman civilizations. The Egyptians call it a “plant of immortality” and are usually funeral gifts buried with the pharaohs.

In a traditional environment, Aloe Vera is used to healing wounds, relieve itching and swelling and is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.

Aloe Vera is one of the amazing elements of a healthy system. The leaves are juicy, with a broad base, pointed tips and spines along the edges. The leaves contain a healing gel that contains 96% water, while the remaining 4% contains vitamins A, B, C and E; calcium; amino acids for building proteins; and enzymes used in the digestive system. It has more than 240 species, but unfortunately, only four of them have healing values.

READ ALSO: 20 Amazing Foods That Are Good for Healthy Bones

The strongest of all is aloe barbadensis, and it is important to realize that Aloe Vera, which comes from both North Africa and Spain, is also grown in the hot regions of Asia, Europe and America.

The healing potential of aloe vera is due to its ability to prevent damage to epithelial tissues and to aid in wound healing. Epitel is a layer of cells that covers the body and the largest epithelium is the skin. Aloe is very useful in alleviating many skin conditions such as mild cuts, insect bites, bruises, eczema, and so on.

Research has also shown that it has antifungal and antibacterial properties and increases blood flow to injured areas. It also helps in the production of fibroblasts (the skin cells responsible for wound healing) and collagen (a protein that regulates the process of skin ageing and folding).

READ ALSO: How Physical Fitness Will Keep Your Body Healthy

If Aloe Vera juice is used internally, it also helps digestion, helps control blood sugar levels, increases energy production, promotes cardiovascular health and improves the immune system. It helps to remove toxins from the digestive system and improves the function of the liver, kidneys and gallbladder. The anti-inflammatory fatty acids alkalize digestive juices and lead to acids that cause digestive problems. These fatty acids are not only beneficial for the stomach, but also for the small intestine and the large intestine.

Finally, pregnant women and children younger than five years are advised not to take aloe vera internally.

Author

Write A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Pin It
%d bloggers like this: