ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We’re the world’s most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1400 staff in 55 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Finance Assistant on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the team at our Lagos office, Nigeria.
In this post, you’ll play a key role in financial organisation of the National offices within Nigeria – Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
The role will include working closely with the ACCA Nigeria Market Head, Business Support and Compliance Manager (BSCM), Regional Financial Controller, as well as colleagues from other departments.
The role holder will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger, delivering a complete and accurate set of financial information, maintaining efficient internal controls, budgeting and forecasting, financial month end, and entry and reconciliation of financial transactions.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
– Preparing annual budgets with senior stakeholders, and reforecasting quarterly.
– Reporting variance analysis in a timely manner
– Managing the accounts payable function, ensuring compliance with procurement and payment policies.
– Co-ordination of general ledger activities amongst users.
– Performing financial closures at Month end, Quarter end and Year end.
– Liaising with the auditors for timely conclusion of audits.
– Preparing the monthly funds request and monitoring significant discrepancies to budget phasing.
– Compiling a fixed asset register and maintaining it regularly.
– Preparing monthly financial reports and cash flow forecast for the office(s)
– Maintaining financial records in QuickBooks and ensuring all entries are correctly coded.
– Ensuring timely processing of supplier invoices, income and expenses.
– Preparing and entering journal entries.
– Reconciling bank and petty cash.
– Working closely with immediate management and central Corporate Finance to ensure all policies on finance are complied with
Any adhoc financial responsibilities required
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
– Fluency in verbal and written English is essential.
– Demonstrable experience working in a general accountancy role.
– Exposure to Quickbooks and Excel would be advantageous.
– The desire to develop and grow in the role.
– The ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people across our global company and collaborate with a team mind-set.
– Strong organisation and time management skills to manage own deadlines and workload.
– A flexible approach to handling a variety of tasks for transactional work to MI.
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
– A wide and varied role giving exposure to a variety of financial processes.
– Playing a key role in the growing Africa structure.
– Joining a diverse and globally prominent organisation.