Lagos State Traffic Offences and Their Penalties.
These are the new Lagos State Traffic Offences and their penalties. Try to read and adhere to these laws to avoid paying non-budgeted fines.
These are the Lagos State Traffic offences or Laws you should know by now;
- Driving without a Driver’s licence – Impound vehicle.
- Driving of any vehicle by person under 18 – N30,000.
- No display of Hackey permit – Impound vehicle.
- Driving with forged vehicle particulars – 6 months in prison.
- Driving with fake driver’s license – 6 months in prison.
- Neglect of traffic direction light – 3 months in prison.
- Driving without road worthiness – Impound vehicle.
- Driving only yellow – N80,000. Enforce painting
- Driving with Hackey permit – Impound vehicle.
- Kabu Kabu without a permit – Impound the vehicle
- Driving with fake number plates – N30,000, 3 years in prison.
- Disobeying LASTMA Officer – N30,000/
- Smoking while driving – N30,000/Impound vehicle.
- Physically assault traffic officer – N50,000/6 months in prison.
- Driving without full light – N50,000.
- Driving with worn out tyre – N30,000.
- No fire extinguisher – N30,000
- Driving without spare tyre – N30,000
- Driving smoking vehicle – N30,000
- Broken windscreen – N30,000
- Tinted windscreen – N30,000
- Eating and driving with one hand – 3 months in prison.
- One way driving – 3 years in prison
- Driving without fasten seat belt – N30,000
- Not painting a commercial vehicle the approved colour – N50,000
- No car hire service permit – 1st 20,000; 2nd N30,000, Impound the vehicle
- Parking on the yellow line on any public highway/illegal parking – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.
- Vehicle crossing double yellow line/center line – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.
- Staying within the yellow junction box (offside rule) – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Failure to yield to the right of the way of the pedestrian at a zebra crossing – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Failure to give to traffic on the left at a roundabout – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.
- Driving on walkway or kerb – Impound
- Reversing on the highway & parking on walkways – 50,000 naira
- Obstruction of traffic -20,000 naira
- Picking/Dropping passengers on illegal B/stop -50,000 naira
- Driving on BRT lanes – 70,000 naira.
Ignorance is not an excuse! While we accept that it’s not possible for all the traffic agencies to arrest everyone, all they just need is someone who will be used as a scapegoat, please, don’t be one of such.