Olawale Rasheed Woos PDP Delegates With 8 Points For Governorship Ticket
Olawale Rasheed, a former Political Editor of Nigerian Tribune, has officially joined the race of aspirants to the office of the governor of Osun state after submitting his letter of intent weeks ago. Though the Iwo born aspirant believes that only a new breed candidate can beat the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the forthcoming governorship election of the State scheduled for September 22, 2018.
However, Mallam Olawale Rasheed popularly and politically called MOR is the Publisher/CEO of SAHEL STANDARD, an Abuja-based online newspaper.
While speaking on his qualification for the governorship election, he said that besides his administrative and political experience, “we have served our leaders, we have followed them from inception and we are mature.”
However, Olawale Rasheed, in a statement signed to woo the delegates of the party, he stated 8 reasons he should be picked as the flag bearer of the party. Mallam Olawale Rashedd is running under the platform of People Democratic Party (PDP).
Olawale Rasheed, in his letter seek support of PDP delegates to emerge as the main candidate. He urged the delegates to vote for integrity and competency.
OPEN LETTER TO PDP DELEGATES
My name is Mr Olawale Rasheed from Iwo town in Iwo Local Government, Osun West,Osun state.I seek your support to become the governoship candidate of our great party in September 12th polls.
Your action will determine the future of our dear state. We are at a critical juncture when we must consider short,medium and long term benefits and losses of our action today. I offer you all the levels of benefits, making me the best among those contending.
The following are reasons why you need to kindly endorse my candidature:
– I am a thoroughbred PDP man from 1998 till date;
– I have close to 3 decades of private/governmental/technocratic experience ;
– Also, I have a “5 Point Agenda” to rebuild and revive fortunes of our state;
– I have a “Cadre Programme” designed to address welfare and livelihood issues of party members;
– I am a believer in Party Supremacy ;
– All delegates /leaders will be first beneficiaries of cadre programmes to run for four years;
– I am from Iwoland with almost 140,000 registered voters;
– I represent the voice of professionals and new age voters in the political process.
A VOTE FOR ME IS A VOTE FOR :
– FULL LIVELIHOOD SUPPORT FOR PARTY MEMBERS-Cadre Programme;
– PRO-PEOPLE GOOD GOVERNANCE-5Point Agenda;
– INTEGRITY / COMPETENCY IN LEADERSHIP