Osun APC Direct Primary: My First-Hand Experience. By Abdulateef Usman Abiodun
I went to my ward, Oloba/Atapara Ward 1, Ede North to observe the conduct of the shadow election and make an informed analysis on the exercise. Though I have a membership card as I am a founding member of the party, I decided not to be part of the exercise. I see no need for it.
1. The election is being conducted not by INEC as presiding officers but party members. Some of them are poorly-dressed. No any security personnel on the ground as the place look disorganized.
2. A party chieftain confided in me that instructions have been handed over to them that IleriOluwa, the anointed candidate of the governor must be returned elected. He said no matter the vote gotten by any other participating aspirants, IleriOluwa will carry the day. I termed it to mean that a perfect rigging plan is on the ground.
3. A younger brother showed me the card given to him on the spot which is not carrying his name. Ostensibly, he is only going to use it to get a ballot paper and vote. Many of those there are also having membership cards not carrying their names. It is definitely cloned or the ones not claimed during party membership registration and kept with the party chiefs.
4. From my interrogation of the people there, some candidates promised N1,500 while others N1,000. Votes buying will also be the order of the day.
5. There is only ONE register to be used in each ward. No duplicate to display for people to use to locate their serial numbers on the list. So, this can easily allow people whose names are not on the list to vote.