To be realistic, getting a fully funded scholarship to Universities that waived GRE scores, TOEFL/IELTS or even paying for an application fee might be quite challenging, but not impossible.
Due to the pandemic, most universities in the United States have been waiving most of their admission requirement, therefore, if proper research is done, it’s like to find few schools waiving GRE, Language Proficiency Test and Application Fee.
Regardless, here are listed some universities according to the requirement been waived.
Though a good GRE score can add a lot of value to your application, however, students without a GRE score can apply for many scholarships in the United States because most universities are now waiving GRE.
Here is the list of Universities in the United States that has waived GRE
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2. Purdue University
3. University of Washington – Seattle
4. University of Minnesota
5. New York University
6. Northeastern University
7. University of Southern Mississippi
8. Florida State University
9. University of Wisconsin
10. University of North Carolina
Universities with course-specific GRE waivers
1. Texas A&M University
2. Auburn University
3. University of New Hampshire
4. University of Illinois
5. George Mason University School of Business
6. UC Davis Graduate School of Management
7. University of Memphis School of Public Health
8. Loyola University School of Business
9. Carnegie Mellon University Heinz College
10. Kent State University
2. Language Proficiency Test (IELTS/TOELF)
If you haven’t taken the IELTS, you can request an English competence certificate from your institution, which verifies you have finished your studies in an English-speaking country and this can be used instead of a language score.
List of universities in the US offering a TOEFL waiver for its international applicants that have attended secondary school or/and graduate school with English as their medium of instruction.
1. Rice University
2. California State University
3. University of Dayton
4. Drexel State University
5. University of Iowa
6. University of New Orleans
7. University of Colorado Boulder (Selected countries)
8. University of Texas at Austin (Selected countries)
9. State University of New York
10. University of Delaware
3. Application Fee Waiver
The average application fee charged by colleges for admission is US$75 and this is an obstacle to the majority of students.
List of Universities in the United States with application waiver
1. Arizona State University
2. Bay Atlantic University
3. University of Missouri St Louis
4. University of New Haven
5. University of Colorado Denver
6. University of New Hampshire, Manchester NH
7. St Mary’s University-San Antonio, TX
8. University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
9. Northeastern Illinois University
10. Eastern Michigan University
NOTE: All these requirements (GRE, TOEFL/IELTS) and Application fees are subjected to changes by the university/department. Therefore, it is recommended to contact the school coordinator for more information.
Also, to increase your chances of securing a scholarship, ensure to apply to more than one school.